Where to buy a new impeller?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I need to buy a water impeller for my mid 90's? 50hp evinrude. I've been slacking, I've run the motor for 2 years without ever checking it from day one :shock: - It spit water, that was all I cared about. Now I want to replace it before it completely breaks apart.

Anyone recommend a good online shop to order from?

Thanks!

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Try your local Napa auto parts store.

Really? I didn't know they carried any outboard parts? I went for some relays and they absolutely couldn't help me - though they spent 30 minutes going through a manual looking for compatible ones.

There are occasional fitment issues with some of the aftermarket parts.
Its always nice to support your local dealer whenever possible. They have a tough time as it is in most cases and always nice to give them an opportunity to sell you a part and establish a relationship with you.

NAPA is where i get most of my general boat stuff. If i need it right now. If i can wait, iboats is the way to go. You can get gaskets,fuel pump kits,carb kits,complete impeller kits,tank kits,engine rebuild kits etc.from napa. Our napa has a boat isle in it. If napa has it for $20 you can get it @ iboats for $12.

So far the aftermarket fast and cheap parts has made for some UN-reliable outings.

Keep your money local and purchase factory replacement parts. Support your local dealer and you will find they will support you.

Might be like buy auto parts at AutoZone, yea they give you a lifetime warenty but who pays to replace the part every 2 months or the tow bill. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

I agree about supporting the local guy, then you have someplace to go when you get in a bind.

Latest posts