Yamaha Magneto control

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrispy186

Reaction score
Well it appears my 9.9 Yamaha has ans external magneto control, does anyone know why? What is its purpose?

Attachments

• downsize (4).jpg
    downsize (4).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 241
It advances the timing when you throttle up. Most (if not all) 2 strokes have that feature and as you can see, it's all adjustable. 99% of the time they're fine but every once in a while someone monkeys with them and it's easy to burn up an engine by monkeying with something and not knowing what they're doing.

turbotodd said:
It advances the timing when you throttle up. Most (if not all) 2 strokes have that feature and as you can see, it's all adjustable. 99% of the time they're fine but every once in a while someone monkeys with them and it's easy to burn up an engine by monkeying with something and not knowing what they're doing.
Thanks for the input. Do you know which way is which, or where it should be set? When I got it the lever was straight up and down, but the guy I got it from didnt seem to have a clue.

Latest posts