Fuel line connectors

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby4829

Reaction score
I have a 1980 Sea King 15 Hp motor (made by Chrysler) that runs good, but I'm having a hard time with the fuel line connectors. I replaced the one on the motor with a barb fitting and attached the fuel line from the tank to it with a hose clamp. It works great now, but the gas line is permanently attached to the motor. My problem is that I can't seem to find a tank connector that will work for more than a couple of weeks without starting to leak. I've replaced the tank fitting and fuel line fitting both with OMC style fittings, from Wally World, but they tend to start leaking or at least sucking air after a very short time. Does anyone have any preference over what brand or style fittings to use. I don't care if they are OMC, Chrysler, or what, as I plan to replace them both. I think the ones I have that keep leaking are Seasense.

Hey, read your post,The omc style is crap. I have all ways had prob,s out of the wally world brand. If you want 2 be able 2 disconnect your tank, you need 2 get an origanal factory omc connector. You can allso use a merc. connector which I recomend. Or if you dont want 2 disconnect the line just use a barb fitting and a clamp. I use a barb fitting on my boats. I hope this helps, of course opinions are like boats, ALL MOST EVERYBODY HAS ONE.

I thought about the barb fitting but I'd really like to be able to disconnect the line from the tank. Makes it easier to fill up and also allows the use of a spare tank when I need one. So anyone else have a recommendation on brand or style?

They make a quick connect for fuel lines that are the same as like an air compressor quick connect. Or you can go with a Mercury style, but the Merc will be a little more expensive.

Latest posts