1989 johnson 25 hp.....more speed?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djchris

Reaction score
I have a 1989 johnson 25 hp outboard and my previous boat was a alumacraft bandit that was 17ft long with full front and rear decks made of wood and aluminum supports underneath.....with that setup with me alone in the boat i could top out at 30mph(gps) on a good day with a lil chop....actually could go faster with a lil chop than if lake was like glass.....not sure of the prop.

Now my new boat is a tracker gizzly 1448 alweld with steering console. no wood on the boat at all. I have not had a chance to get the boat out yet since the motor is being worked on and bass pro is actually coming to pick up my boat next week to put the floor in that was supposed to be in it before i bought it........how fast do you think this boat will go? is it ok to think that this boat will be faster than my previous one considering smaller size and weight?

You may go a little faster but not 40mph or anything. I would think 32-34 maybe. What prop pitch are you running, you may want to go up in pitch to keep RPM from going to high.

Latest posts