25/20 Evinrude jet 2 stroke.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucescoflathead

Reaction score
Anyone run one on a 1448 jon? I'd like to get one this summer.,but I'd like to know how it would preform. I've read they're not a power house, but my boat is max rated for 25 hp. I like to be able to use it on 20 hp limited lakes. Thanks Todd

I had a 25/20 jet on my decked 15ft. sea nymph, and got 18mph out of it. planes out just fine. I think you'll be happy with it.

I've run one. Mercury though (25/20 jet). 1448 riveted boat-not sure of the brand. I liked it for what we were doing, which was fishing a small rocky river that is known for deep spots, then getting shallow instantly-so the jet worked great. About 20 mph max. But it would run in a couple inches of water. We ran it across some of the shoals that were literally ankle deep. Made me nervous (I was riding along) but worked well...and the extra width of the boat helped. It didn't like to turn all that great but it was easy to get used to. Used a lot of fuel too compared to a prop drive. And a little noisy. But beyond those downsides, it was a good motor. It's not powered by a 4 stroke Tohatsu prop with power tilt. Only reason for the Tohatsu is because the owner of the craft had back surgery and he has a hard time tilting the motor up/down-as well as rope starting the mercury. Electric start and power tilt is nice.

If you follow the math they give, you a 25 hp breaks down to a 17.5 hp.

25 X 30% = your loss of 7.5 hp, 25 - 7.5 = 17.5

The difference from 20 to 17.5 may not seem like alot.. with a jet i would take all the hp i can get.

Get a 30 and throw a 20 hp hood on it, you'll be way happier with it..

I am buying a 1448 lowe jon this weekend and I am sure it will be on the water by monday. I have a 25hp merc with a jet and I am hoping for around 20mph. I am selling my 1836 because I think the 1448 will go in shallower water.