Merc 50hp 4 stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CWCW

Reaction score
Anyone own a 07 or 08 Merc 50hp 4 stroke on a 16ft bass boat? How well does it push it?

I guess no ones own one. But My cousin has a 25hp on his 16 foot pro team 165 and with both of us and a full load I have seen 22 GPS. I'm thinking with a 50 on his boat we would do at least 40mph. We got 29-32 speedo on another buddys 16 foot with a 40hp.

Hope this helps.

Newest specs from Bass Pro Shops for a 16' 3" boat says 31-32 MPH with a 40. They don't list the speed with a 50. My guess would be 34-36 MPH.

flounderhead59 said:
Newest specs from Bass Pro Shops for a 16' 3" boat says 31-32 MPH with a 40. They don't list the speed with a 50. My guess would be 34-36 MPH.

You get one MPH per horse right? :shock:

My boat goes 300 MPH

Hey CWCW, I see you got my IM from the other board! Glad to see you over here!! My 17' Stinger is running around 40 with a 60 Merc 4-stroke. A foot less and ten hp less should be about the same I would think.

have you fixed that lugging problem under 4000rpm? Are you getting recommended maximum rpms at WOT?

Not yet. Hoping to get a better idea of the problem this weekend. Thinking maybe the prop or it may be just a combination of the hull layout and the 4-stroke powerband. I will post on my other thread here Monday to update what I find, if anything.

Latest posts