need info about small outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgek

Reaction score
ok, i have a 14 foot deep vee with a 35 hp. chrysler , but would like to swap it for a 10 hp. and keep my elec. start and steering console , do any small outboards have this set up ? thanks for the help .

Well since no one responded to you I will try and give it a shot. There are 10hp motors that have electric start systems and I am sure you can modify a 9.9 or 10hp to operate with controls although you don't see it often. 10hp seem way to small for a 14ft boat that has a console in it. I wouldn't go with anything less than a 20hp and you won't have any problem finding an electric start with controls in that HP range. That's my 2 cents at least

Johny25 said:
Well since no one responded to you I will try and give it a shot. There are 10hp motors that have electric start systems and I am sure you can modify a 9.9 or 10hp to operate with controls although you don't see it often. 10hp seem way to small for a 14ft boat that has a console in it. I wouldn't go with anything less than a 20hp and you won't have any problem finding an electric start with controls in that HP range. That's my 2 cents at least

I bet he's HP restricted

Latest posts