Reviews on Motorguide pro series?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter

Reaction score
I will more than likely be buying a motorguide pro series 50 (52lbs 12volt) foot controlled trolling motor tomorrow. Its an older model, not sure what year yet. I guess I'll have to get the serial number and call Motorguide/Mercury. They still sell pro series, but like a lot of the trolling motors, the bass pro reviews are mixed. It's in excellent shape. I was wondering if anyone had one and could tell me how they like it and how long it has lasted. Is $225 a good deal?

I have one on my tin. It's a Pro 70 Series if my memory serves me right. It is a 24V though. I've not had any problems with it at all. Came with my boat a couple years ago and I've used the heck out of it. A couple weeks ago, I bought another that's not the Pro series, but still 24V 71lb thrust. The only difference is that it's not digital and doesn't have the variable speed switch. I paid $300 for it used with the mount. I also was given a copy of the receipt from the TM repair shop that went through it just before I bought it. I think I got a pretty good deal on it so I'm putting that on my other boat.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. I actually found a better deal on a 2011 MinnKota Edge 12v 50lbs bow mount for $250 so I bought that instead!

Latest posts