97 Evinrude 25HP Help with a PSI Guage or Temp Guage Install

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F239141

Reaction score
I would like to add a water pressure or water temp or cyl head temp gauge, but I have not seen a darn way on how to do this.

Can you tap into the "pee" line to do the PSI gauge.

I want to do this without having to drill and tap any part of the engine.

Thanks

Yes, you can tee into the overboard water indicator line. The water pressure gauge, above all others, will give you the quickest information about your cooling system when running in questionable areas. A temp gauge in the same circumstances is just about useless in comparison.

Knew you were going to ask that. Cannot answer because there are so many factors that affect the pressure. Condition of the pump, configuration of the bottom of the boat ahead of the gearcase, etc. What I can tell you is that you should take note of the normal pressures with a known good pump system and run accordingly. Typical systems with overboard indicators run around 3-5# at idle and naturally go up from there. Watch for the sudden drop when you are in weedy or shallow areas and you will always be ahead of the overheat game.

Any boat store should have them, Im getting one localy

https://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=teleflex+water+pressure+gauge&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7560090250967423908&sa=X&ei=TbVWT6GAHYfWtgfU9ZGICQ&ved=0CJUBEPMCMAI#

Thanks again Pappy!!

Latest posts