how to ghange oil first time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
iam lost i have a 93 dt40 suzuk oil injection motor the man i bought it from used yamalube-2w i was told not to use it motor runs good now how do i get it out use a little pump but what about what is in that tube at bottom of tank will that hurt if i put quick silver plus oil in? this is my first time

first i would like to thank you it is a suzuki 93 dt40hp oil injection oil in tank is yamalube 2-w i was told that not the right oil quick silver plus was if i take that oil out the oil in the tube to motor will it mix i do not know if oil pump is working if i run the motor i will mark tank and i can tell

I think you need to verify that the oil pump is working before you start the engine. Otherwise you may end up with a ruined engine before you see that oil level move.
One option may be to premix the oil in your fuel tank even though you have injection just to see if the pump is working, at least that way you wont starve the engine of oil and the extra oil should not cause any problems for the short period you run it.
Tim

to earl 60446 thank you i put new water impellar on first than i took off oil tank and cleaned it out then put in quick silver premium plus then put mark on oil tank crossed my fingers and turned on the key it started right up oil in tank move down water came out of pee hole i thank you 1 and all.

So you were told not to use Yamaha oil in your Suzuki but Mercury oil was just fine?

You will not have a problem with either brand of 2 stroke oil

Yamalube 2W is a semi-synthetic low smoke 2 stroke oil designed originally to be used with personal watercraft (WaveRunner). They were ALL injected with the exception of the super jet, and IIRC, some of the newer super jets were injected (may be wrong...haven't dealt with many superjets).

2W is good stuff. Leave it. Smokes a little bit less than Quicksilver does too. Quicksilver is cheap oil. Thats why its popular. I remember buying a gallon at the dealership for under $8 many moons ago.

Unless the injector was run out of oil, or run upside down, both of which would introduce air into the pump, it will be fine. Now if it gets air into the pump, the pump will no longer move oil and that's where the problem is. Roughly 90-some odd percent of oil injected engine failures were/are caused by air getting into the pump somehow. Normally run out of oil at one point and the feed line gets a bubble in it. Most of them have a bleed screw to bleed the pump. I've never seen a pump actually fail unless it gets air into it or the tank is filled with something other than 2 stroke oil. When I serviced personal watercraft many years ago, we saw it all. We saw all kinds of stuff in the injector tanks. Gas. Diesel. Water. Oil. Dirt/sand. You name it. Manufacturers were just putting a little picture of I guess an oil pan. That little picture meant NOTHING to John Q. Customer. They just figured it meant whatever they thought it meant and that the dealer should warranty it when it's 5 years old and the oil tank is full of gas.

Now if you actually emptied the tank, there is a chance of having air in the system. I'd suggest bleeding the pump if it has a bleeder screw. I've not messed with a DT40 so I am not familiar with them. Perhaps someone more familiar with that motor can offer some help on how to bleed it. If not, call a dealer as they usually know-well the GOOD dealers do anyway.

Just because it's using oil now doesn't mean that bubble isn't still in the line waiting to find it's way to the pump. Or it's in the pump already and hasn't done it't thing yet. Bleeding it will solve the problem. Premixing keeps oil in the engine even if the injection is working. I used to run about 1/2 quart of oil in 9 gal of gas in my old bass boat-just for good measure.

Latest posts