Need Help! Asap!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool

Reaction score
Can someone please explain how this wire clip goes on the needle/seat/float. There wasn't one on it originally, and the repair kit came with one. Its for a 1974 Johnson 15hp. Thanks! uploadfromtaptalk1331928058976.jpg

ok the short end of your little wire goes into the top of the little square like needle seat and the long part just slides over the metal flange on the float. You can slide it either way when lining it up in the carb. It just sort of hangs there rather loosely but will be fine when you put the plastic pin in to hold the float :)

I know the pic is a little out of focus but it just hangs there as you can see. Best pic I got on my computer showing how it goes on. Hope it is clear enough. This is an 87' 15hp carb in the pic

DSCN5532.JPG

Thanks Johny for the quick reply! And a pic to boot! I tried it like that at first, but it looked kinda "chincy" lol.

The clip is designed as a safety device of sorts, in case the needle sticks, it is designed to pull the needle out of the seat to let fuel into the bowl.

bbstacker1 said:
The clip is designed as a safety device of sorts, in case the needle sticks, it is designed to pull the needle out of the seat to let fuel into the bowl.

Precisely the issue I was having.

Well she's purring like a kitten now. Took some messing with the slow speed adjustment to get it started. 1 1/2 turns was too much. Its around 3/4 - 1 turn out for it to run. Anyway, lots of throttle response now that wasn't there before. :mrgreen:

Latest posts