mercury 25 efi recall

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabmaster

Reaction score
2 weeks ago i bought a brand new 25hp efi merc. today i got a safety recall in the mail. Recall says it is possiable for the throttle to stick between 2500 to 3500 rpm in either forward or reverse. apparently the fix is called a throttle lever bushing kit. i am somewhat disapointed but my dealer assures me that mercury suzuki yamaha and evinrude all have recalls. I in turn assured him that it is prime time for fishing and i need the problem fixed yesterday. they are supposed to let me know tomorrow when the parts will be here.

I'm sure it is a quick fix (as long as there aren't 50 other guys ahead of you) Until then keep it below 2500RPM or just be ready on the kill switch.

they told me it shouldn't take very long to fix. i am the first one in line for the recall at my dealer. flounder im with ya on the ready at the kill switch.

stop by dealers today and dropped off boat. he says 6 customers in front of me . he figures it will be thursday 4-10 when i can pick up my boat.

:D boat is fixed. it was a simple fix. 2 little bushunis on the throttle shaft. dealer said merc was affraid originals wouldn,t wear evenly and cause throttle to stick. at any rate i am back in buisiness. have to go to a wedding this weekend but next weekend i think i'll chase some juglines.

Latest posts