69 rude sportwin 9.5 - fuel line loses pressure, stalls?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z0mbie f1sherman

Reaction score
Have been having stalling problems lately with my sportwin 9.5

Engine will run after first pull most times, but will stall out after about 10 minutes

Was out saturday and noticed it was running kind of rough, i reached down and the bulb on the fuel line was soft... Had to keep squeezing the bulb to keep the motor running.

Motor has new plugs and points just replaced. I just got a new fuel line since then, but have not run the motor since.

Any ideas?

If you have to "keep squeezing the bulb to keep the motor running", I would guess your fuel pump is dead or dying, or your fuel line has a bad o-ring in the connector letting it suck air instead of fuel. You said you got a new fuel line but haven't tried it yet, with any luck that will solve your problem otherwise look at your fuel pump. Good luck

bbstacker1 said:
If you have to "keep squeezing the bulb to keep the motor running", I would guess your fuel pump is dead or dying, or your fuel line has a bad o-ring in the connector letting it suck air instead of fuel. You said you got a new fuel line but haven't tried it yet, with any luck that will solve your problem otherwise look at your fuel pump. Good luck

+1

fuel line should do it. Just had that problem!