Gamefisher Pin

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyRick

Reaction score
I just picked up this boat and motor and have a newbie question. In the picture I am not sure what to do with the pin. When I got the motor the pin was in the forward position to keep the motor up, but I also see the other slots that it can go into when the motor is down, correct? If so, it doesnt fit in those holes when the motor is in the down position. Why would that be? Any help is greatfully appreciated.

Rick

Attachments

• Motor Pin.JPG
    Motor Pin.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 476
Does the motor stay locked down when you put it down? And what is that slot in the middle of the transom bracket that looks identical to the other holes, is that just a keeper spot for the pin when you don't have the motor up?

I am not familiar with gamefishers so I am just guessing here....lol

I have to take a closer look at it but I didnt see a lock to set when it is in the down position. And yes the one in the transom is the exact same as the ones down the motor area. But they dont fit when the motor is in the down position.

I know almost nothing about motors since this is the first I have owned. I do appreciate the feedback though, I am going to try and find an owners manual online.

A manual is well worth the $20-$30 trust me. And you may have better luck on a site like iboats, there tends to be a better diversity of motor knowledge on that site.