9.5 johnson problems

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlechub

Reaction score
last trip out, my 9.5 johnson started first pull and idled perfect. made my way away from the ramp and out of the no wake zone and opened her up and something didnt feel right, about halfway to my fishing spot it completly quit me. as soon as it dies it will fire right back up and idle fine. you can rev it up in nuetral and it sounds fine, but put it in gear and give it full throttle and it will bog down and die. playing with the choke seems to help a little so im assuming its a fuel problem. last night i replaced all the fuel lines but didnt help anything. any ideas?

Did you try pumping the priming ball between the fuel tank and engine while it is running? If you pump the ball and the engine runs better then it is the fuel pump.

It surely sounds like a fuel delivery problem so if it is not the pump and you already replaced the fuel lines then I would be thinking carburetor next. Maybe a plugged high speed jet or something?