Craigslist Score!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny25

Reaction score
So I see this 1985' 30hp short shaft Johnson come up on CL this morning and I call the guy as soon as it was posted. He tells me he bought the motor and did not know he needed long shaft. He has never had it running and just want to get rid of it so he can get a long shaft. Asking $300. So I go look at it because I have been wanting a parts motor for my 88'. Long story short I buy the motor for $250 bucks. I mean what could I lose for 250. Bring it home and she fires up on first pull :D Run her for 10 minutes and compression test her, 112 psi in the top cylinder and 110 psi in the bottom :D. She runs great! Now I want to keep it or sell it for profit instead of parting it out!

I am thinking about building a mini hydroplane in my shop this winter for my boys. Or maybe I will buy a 10' tin V-hull and do some custom mods like steering console up front and what not as a little speed boat? I have 4 motors and one boat now, wife is getting pissed lol...... So I figure make another boat and get it down to a 2 to 1 ratio eh :mrgreen:

DSCN6589.JPG

Great find that looks like one sweet motor. I think your on the right track getting another boat to get you motor to boat ratio down.

Gramps50 said:
Great find that looks like one sweet motor. I think your on the right track getting another boat to get you motor to boat ratio down.

Thanks gramps, I know that anytime I need help justifying something motor or boat related this place always helps me feel better :lol:

Johny25 said:
Gramps50 said:

Thanks gramps, I know that anytime I need help justifying something motor or boat related this place always helps me feel better :lol:

Not a problem I know how it is having to justify spending money to the CFO, you wouldn't believe the hoops I jumped through to get the PO for the boat. :lol:

Yeah I will let you know my results. Got my 88' exhaust to powerhead gasket on yesterday and all put back together. My new Solas 10X14 stainless will be here tomorrow also :D

So I now have a 13, 14, and 15 pitch to run next time I go out. Had to send my tach back to tiny tach to get e replacement (dead battery after 1hr 40min use!) so I am expecting that this week also so I can get some RPM data.