1997 Johnson 3.3hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beefer

Reaction score
Here's my $30 craigslist find today. Guy had it in storage for 3 years, says it ran fine when it put it away. Lost the prop, but no big deal. Put some 50:1 in her, and she started on the 2nd pull. Anyone have or know anything about these? It has a weird spark plug box (not an actual plug), and I can't find any fwd/rev selector. Weird little motor...

PICT2100.jpg

PICT2101.jpg

So far what I've figured out is that it was a 'portable', and made in Hong Kong. Hmmm. I haven't taken anything apart on it yet, and until I get a prop, I won't. I think there may be a real spark plug under the gas tank.

Looks alot like my 2.5 hp Mercury. Like Pappy said my Merc is forward only not reverse. On the front of the motor there is a lever that controls the speed, there is no throttle on the tiller.

Yeah. I got a prop for it yesterday (that was a chore to find), and went for a test run in my 1330. Starts up great, but only gets up to about 8-10mph (total wag). Found out it was made by Tohatsu, and is interchangeable with many Tohatsu's, which is good, as parts are relatively easy to come by. It'll be good for quiet rides. Anybody have a guess on value?

Latest posts