Motor Died :(

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wallijig

Reaction score
Hope to save you some time in trouble shooting in dark if this happens to you.......
I was out fishing tonight. Everything going great, calm winds and cool enough for no bugs, fish were about jumping in boat, perfect evening. I had limit, got trailer backed in, and was driving boat around to put it on trailer it just died. I tried to start it with no avail, it just turned over. I got trolling motor down, got boat close to trailer, jumped out into water, (no dock at this launch) and cranked my 17.5' boat on. Was a pain. heading down road all worried wondering what happened, then it come to me. There is a kill switch by my throttle. I pulled over an lo and behold . It was a cool night I had coverhauls on and happen to hit darn safety kill switch cord off. Here I was fighting loading it for about 1/2 hr. and all worried. Man what a relief!!! Wish I would have thought of it on water, but the worse just kept running threw my head.

Nice man, way to admit it in public.

I have a buddy who is quit a bit younger than me, he called me a couple of weeks ago saying his dads boat wont start.

He said "it turns over and over but doesn't fire".

After going through the "basics" i asked him about the kill switch..

he said it doesn't have one.

i told him it does, its a console so look on the controls.

He got real quite..

then i heard the motor fire rite up :)

Just launched the boat and went to start it. Got nothing. Wind was blowing me back towards the trailer and was starting to get angry @ the yammie, or my hack wiring. Took a minute of turning circles before I realized the control box was left in gear from the last outing... :roll:

WOW....I was not expecting a turn for the good in this. Soooo glad it was a switch.

Sixgun.....Can't tell you how many times I've done that. Just rebuild my 150 over the winter and I'm really gunshy that something could still happen. Last weekend I did this very thing and started to panic. Glad that I've learned to look for my stupid mistakes first.

Latest posts