Tiller Handle Grip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

Reaction score
I have an 8hp evinrude that the grip on the handle has come off. It is hard plastic and is hard to turn when my hand gets wet. Not to mention all the bumbs or knobs or whatever they are that held the original grip on tear my hand up.

I would like to wrap something around it to make it more comfortable. Do yall think the wrap for baseball bats or tennis rackets would work? Or do any of yall know of anything else that I could use?

I was thinking the baseball bat wrapping also. What about the stuff like you put over water pipes to keep them from freezing. Slide it up over the place where the grip was and duct tape it.

have used the stuff for tennis rackets in the past for my fishing rods... dosent hold up all that well, i would try splicing tape, or that tape that they sells for plumbing that seals against itself, or maybe a pc of silicone tubing that you could stretch over it... just some random thoughts

Not sure I know what splicing tape is. Is it like electrical tape but thicker and rubbery? I would just wrap it with electrical tape or duct tape, but it would still be slippery when wet. The silicone tubing gave me another idea that might be perfect. Do they make heat shrink large enough to fit over the handle?

exactly on the splicing tape its 4 times thicker than elec tape and rubber you stretch it and it kinda stick/bionds to itself, im prettty sure you can get shrink tubing that big but you wont find it at a walmart and lowes, i would check along the lines of mcmaster carr, or and elec supply place, thats gonna be a tall order but not impossible

Thanks! I will probably try the splicing tape for now and see how it holds up. The heat shrink might be too fancy for me anyway :LOL2: