Custom motor decals

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny25

Reaction score
I found these on ebay for $19 +free shipping and couldn't pass them up :)

New AMERICAN FLAG decal!
DSCN6679.JPG

Before picture here
DSCN6625.JPG

yeah I actually bought the last two sets. Not sure if I will put the other set on my 85' 30hp also or just hang on to them?

Johny25 said:
yeah I actually bought the last two sets. Not sure if I will put the other set on my 85' 30hp also or just hang on to them?

I don't know, Johny.
I think they look cool, but it's a matter of personal taste though.
If I were planning to sell the motor I would probably just hang on to them.

Just curious, were the old decals hard to remove?
Did you use acetone or something?

Well I tried at first to use a heat gun to remove the old stickers. It took me about an hour to get the first side off and it left all the glue behind and made a mess. The second side I just took a straight blade scraping blade, got it started under the decal and it peeled all the glue and paint off really easy. I wish I would have tried that first....lol. I off course had to sand and paint the engine cover again before installing the new decals.

Yeah I am not sure if I am going to ever run the 85' 30hp so I will just hang onto the other set for awhile. Most likely I will have me another motor before the year is out...... :lol: I just want them Yamaha ha ha's to know that they are getting passed up by an American made motor 8)

Johny25 said:

Yeah I am not sure if I am going to ever run the 85' 30hp so I will just hang onto the other set for awhile. Most likely I will have me another motor before the year is out...... :lol: I just want them Yamaha ha ha's to know that they are getting passed up by an American made motor 8)

Yea, I know what you mean. I have a few johnnyrudes in the barn and I don't think I can hide anymore in there. The wife hasn't said anything about having three (so far).

It doesn't hurt to keep the '85 30hp as a backup. You can't beat the deal you got on it.

Latest posts