DIY shifting rod update

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken 6645

Reaction score
about a week ago I saw a picture of a shifting rod that was home made and eliminated turning around to have to shift. I am almost sure I saw it here but I am not positive..Does anyone remember see the post?? ..There was also a comment about heating a 3/4 in PVC and slipping it over the lever to make a perfect fit boot..
TIA
Ken

Since no one respondedabout seeing a pic of DIY shifting rod, I decided to make one from what I remember seeing. First drilled a 1/4 inch hole in the top portion of the shifting lever ...Next I took a 1/4x 1 1/4 inch hex bolt and ground the top into a triangle shaped head /_\ ...Next I tapped out a 3/16 threaded hole out to 1/4 inch standard thread. [3/16 in hole in line with shifting lever already there]..... I then took a 5/16 inch eye bolt and cut it down to 1/4 inch [1/4 eye bolt circle is to small of a diameter]...Next I took a 24 inch x1/2 inch alum. rod drilled a1/4 inch hole through it 1/2 in from one end... .next I started putting everything together , making what adjustments were needed to lined everything up as I went... I will try to take photos that will show every needed and completed job... If there are any questions,give me a shout..
ken

I believe this is what your looking for.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=23841&p=246598&hilit=shifter#p246598

Latest posts