Best way to move the fuel tank forward?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wihil

Reaction score
Trying to make do with what I've got, and I want to spend more time on big water with a little boat, so that means I need make sure everything's balanced better than what I've got right now (read, I'm stern heavy). I've figured out how I'm going to move my batteries forward, but I'm also considering moving the 3gal fuel tank forward also. That means extending the fuel line, which is something I've never done before.

What's the best way to extend the fuel line? My tank is an original steel job with all original hoses/connections for my E'rude motor (non pressurized). Splice in a new line and use the old connectors? Get a new plastic tank with longer lines? Help?

Thanks!

I picked up a new plastic tank from walmart. The hose can be any length you want. I plan on putting mine up front before the next hunting season. I will pick up some rubber fuel line at the auto parts house for the run.

My one question I still have is where to place the pump ball. I would like to put it in the back so I can pump it from there instead of having to go to the front to pump fuel to the carbs.

I would not say that the hose can be any length you want, longer the hose the more resistance. That being said, I used to have my tank in front of the middle seat which provided me more room in back and took weight out of the stern. I think the prime bulb should be fairly close to the tank, easier to suck fuel out of the tank that way. Plus fuel is easier to push than pull with a primer bulb. If you are going to lengthen the hose's, I would lengthen it between the bulb and engine, just replace the section you have on there now and try it. Keep the hose as straight / short as you can and kink free.

Make sure your fuel pump is in good shape too.

Tim