Screwed up.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kismet

Reaction score
Just finishing up a rehab on a 14ft Alumacraft (see An Alarming Trend in Boat House), motor acted funky, and...

the outboard was giving me fits. Turned out a hose was disintegrating. As I fixed it for the third time (with new hose), I snapped a nipple off the fuel pump. Is there a preferred vendor for Evinrude 5.5s? 1964 Vintage. It is part 42, on marineengine.com's site. I cobbled a temporary repair, but although it worked in the water tank, I'd be asking for trouble to think it was fixed.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kis

At $81 for a fuel pump, and "no, sir, don't have just the housing," I went to work with the superglue. Seems ok, but we'll see. I can fix it, even if I have to drill and put in some small tubing.

Just stupid on my part :oops: ; I knew I was very tired, but it was such an easy thing to do to finish things up for the day.

:) I'm not touching it unless I have to.

The housing is molded plastic, with the nipples formed as an integral part.

It was just one of those things, when you are really weary and you know the problem is all your own fault, where you look at the broken part and think: "Perfect." :lol: