1987 johnson 6.5hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Reaction score
finally got the motor i was talking about in the other thread.
model # on the sticker is H7RSY
based on the OMC identifiaction guide, it was originally sold in hongkong.
it's clear on the decal and owner's manual that this is a 6.5hp (not the 7 based on the ID guide). made in belgium (1988). commercial model with the charging system.
luckily, the seller included the complete manual, with parts diagram and list, with instructions on installation of remote steering and electrical system.
the manual and parts diagram is a blessing because this motor seems like an oddball model. not much info on it in the net, since it wasn't marketed in the USA. i hope it shares parts with the 6hp, especially the shear pin, impeller, and carb kit.

i'll take photos and share here once i have gone about cleaning everything. dust/grime from years of storage make it look beat up, but when i wiped a small part, it's super shiny. when i removed the cowl, i was surprised to see that everything looked new. not just clean and well cared for but really new. the rope is white as snow. even the prop does not have a single scratch. i would have believed the seller if he told me this wasn't used at all.

if anybody has worked with this model, i'd appreciate any extra info, aside from what i have read in the manual.

That seems like an interesting motor.. Never heard of a <9.9 with a charging system

Latest posts