new guy with a need for speed

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenisD

Reaction score
This is a great site, I thought I was the only guy that prefers alum. I have a Suzuki V-twin 25 and was wondering if anyone has tried to get more go out of one of these? I was told that you could get more by changing stuff or rejetting, but they did not know for sure. This motor runs good and I got 28MPH on GPS, but still wouldn't mind if it had a little more go. Any help would be great.

Welcome to Tin Boats, I know nothing about your motor, perhaps one of our resident motorheads can chime in?

:WELCOME: :fishing2:

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for joining!

28mph from a 25hp and you want more?..That's awesome! :LOL2:

I know member PBW was doing a few mods on his 5hp B&S motor, but If you find anything it would be nice. Trying to even get mine to get to 18-20mph would be cool.

This applies to any motor and not yours specifically, but factory jetting is usually a little on the rich side, to be safe in all conditions. When you start changing things, you risk damage when conditions get harsh. You might be able to go down a size, take it for a pass and check the plugs to make sure you are not burning up.

Have you though about or changed your prop to get a better top speed? You may loose some hole shot this way, so it is a trade off.

Latest posts