Motorguide Trolling Motor and Cruise n' Carry

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRyno10

Reaction score
Hey all! I have been looking around the forums for a while now and finally am getting ready to mod either a 10 or 12ft jon.

I have a Motor Guide - GWT67V (Great White 67lb thrust 24volt) trolling motor. It is fairly new, I am not sure of the year but I am assuming 2006 or newer. I also have an old 12lb (weight) Cruise n' Carry 6600 that was my dads in the late 80s, it is a gas outboard which is technically a 1.5hp.

I was wondering if anyone knows about how well either would push a 10ft or a 12ft riveted jon boat. I am hoping the Cruise n' Carry is more powerful than the trolling motor, and I would use it at the transom. The trolling motor would be on the bow. Any input on these motors would be helpful.

Thanks, JRyno.

My guess would be in a race the Great White would take off and leave the little gas outboard for the first 30 feet but then the little 1.5 outboard would pass it up and wave good bye as it would leave the electric behind.

Latest posts