My 1973 Evinrude Mate 2-HP, new impeller coming (Pics)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundra

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my 73 Evinrude 2-HP outboard;

P1010312-1.jpg

P1010313-1.jpg

I have the lower unit off and I have a new impeller on the way that I'm going to put in. The impeller that was in there looked ok but had taken a set. I'll keep it for a backup. I just like to have new to make sure all is well inside the waterpump.

I'll also be changing the lower unit fluid and got 3 new washers for the drain/fill bolt.

My nephew has a motor that looks similar to that one. Not sure what brand his is but the knob is missing off the end of the mixture shaft on the carb and it's a nightmare trying to get that thing to run right. Hope yours gives you less problems than his does for him.

Thankfully the motor runs pretty good.

I got a new spark plug, impeller and washers for the L/U bolt.

I'll be putting it all back together sometime this upcoming weekend as I think I'd like to change the L/U fluid with it off the motor even though it is so easy to do with it on.

I got a chance to run the motor this past Saturday and the little-motor-that-could runs really well. She is spitting good water at idle from the new impeller and overall, runs really well on the 12' MirroCraft. It does not set the water on fire but does ok.

Latest posts