75 Evinrude 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karloutdoors

Reaction score
I was excited to find this forum on this site as I was probing for information for my project. Hopefully I can find what I need. Im sorry I didnt find this site sooner as I probably wouldnt have given up on a tin runabout rehab I started and abandoned some 13 years ago.
Right now Im breaking down a 1975 evinrude 9.9 to be media blasted, primed painted and rebuilt. This is my first venture into such a project. I've got her nearly completely broken down with the exception of pulling the seals and bearings from the lower unit (gear case and gear case assy) How do I pull the bearings and seals without damaging them? Is that possible? I am doing this blind as I dont have a shop manual. Im working off of schematics only and taking lots of pics along the way. How are the bearings held in their respective positions? I dont see any spring clips or pins. Im doing this to prevent any media from finding its way into the bearings during stripping as it would surely be the end of the bearings.
Much thanks in advance,
Karl

If you blast with soda you won't have to worry about bearings since soda is water soluble.

You usually trash the seals when removing them.