Chinese 2hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dice1

Reaction score
I bought a Chinese 2hp motor still waiting to get it on the water because I bought one and had to swap it out for another because when I had it out it made a small whine from the lower end and saw some greas leaking out. Hoping this one works better. but for $250 I wont complain. I did see some vids on youtube that had small engines like it and u could here a small whine like I heard. do they make that kind of noise im not sure. Any advice would help please.

You could give us a few more details, such as make and model. Although my first thought on advice is to go buy a old used johnson motor, the small ones last darn near forever.
Tim

Its a no name thing off ebay. made a small vid from the first one i got.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6azEKtDWxY&feature=plcp

Honestly it looks like a throw-away disposable outboard. My guess is its designed to last for a season or two before you scrap it. Might be good for a canoe or something if you use it once or twice a year, you could get 5 years out of it--maybe. Much better option is just buying an old evinrude/johnson 3hp motor. As long as its not ceased and has decent pressure in the cylinder(s), you can usually get them running strong for less then $100 in parts.

IMO, that china motor just looks like a headache waiting to happen. Ya never know though, they made a nice 42" flat screen TV I have in my bedroom for $320... odds are it was made by the same company! :LOL2:

I have an old 1.5hp evinrude mate that I have been tryin to get goin but to no luck. Im goin to drop it off this afternoon to a boat shop see what they can do. Got a lot of new parts for it but not the time.

Dice1 said:
I have an old 1.5hp evinrude mate that I have been tryin to get goin but to no luck. Im goin to drop it off this afternoon to a boat shop see what they can do. Got a lot of new parts for it but not the time.

Coils fail most often on the old Evinrudes, I would check that first. You should also replace the impeller and clean the carb & reseal it, Make sure your spark plug is new and correctly gaped, and it should go as long as you have good gas and decent pressure in the cylinder.

Latest posts