1984 Johnson 15hp jetting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crybrynt1975

Reaction score
Hi guys,
first post ... i purchased a 84 johns 15hp that had been sitting a few years changed the plugs and lower oil, it would idle but died when i gave it throttle so i took the carb apart main jet was clogged, i order a new impellor and a carb kit. I have the carb all together and my question is on jetting my manual (clymer) lists higher altitute jet choices up to the 1982 motor i couldnt find anything thing for the 84 it currently has a 56 main my elevation is 4500-5000 feet.. any help would be appreciated i contacted my local dealer but he said it was too old to have any info.........................
thanks

OMC issued "Service Bulletins" to dealers that outlined general guidelines for re jetting for altitude. If your dealer has been in business as an OMC/BRP dealer he can certainly make a call and get the information for you. Am assuming your dealer is at or near the same altitude? If so they should know the general percentage change anyway............strange!

Thanks so i called my local dealer and here was his response " you dont change the jets for elevation you just adjust the air screw"..... im prety sure this isnt correct.......

Latest posts