explain this to me....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnfish

Reaction score
how does a 1980 25hp johnson(j25rcsa) have the same clutch dog as a 06 10hp (j10rlsdc)???? ive heard johnsons have very well built and strong gearcases but they cant be the same part, 325263 is the # on the part. also im wanting to buy one but keep thinking the part# is a mistake. any help?

shawnfish said:
how does a 1980 25hp johnson(j25rcsa) have the same clutch dog as a 06 10hp (j10rlsdc)???? ive heard johnsons have very well built and strong gearcases but they cant be the same part, 325263 is the # on the part. also im wanting to buy one but keep thinking the part# is a mistake. any help?

Nope, not a mistake. The 3 lug clutch dog is used on the newer motors. The 2 lug clutch dog is used on the older vintage motors.

jasper60103 said:
shawnfish said:

Nope, not a mistake. The 3 lug clutch dog is used on the newer motors. The 2 lug clutch dog is used on the older vintage motors.

thanks jasper, ive been wanting to buy some spare parts since i plan on having my motor for a looooooooong time and i guess for some reason i was thinking the parts would become hard to find wich i know probally wont happen, theres a bazillion out there lol!

Latest posts