evinrude 6hp manual primer question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reiko1078

Reaction score
i have a 1985 evinrude 6 hp that i want to get back on the water. i am going to rebuild the carbeurator but before that i have a problem. on my manual primer/choke plunger assembly there is the little hose that runs fuel into the intake manifold. the little blue nipple/cap where the hose connects from the plunger assembly has come off and now the hose is not connected from the primer to the intake manifold. this is a problem since no fuel is primed into the motor when i work the plunger and it is also source of air leak while the motor is running.

the little cap doesnt seem to be broken but im not sure how it attaches to the primer assembly. my seloc manual has a picture of the assembly but it doesnt show how it is attached. i also didnt notice the connection of course until it was disconnected.

do i need to buy a whole new assembly? does anyone even know what im talking about? how can i reattatch? i can take a picture of what im talking about if needed. it seems like such a small issue but its boggling my mind haha thanks

First off, any and all of the primer parts are easily sourced at your local dealer. Try and work locally whenever possible. Now, which end is off? You weren't crystal clear on that. At the primer or at the intake manifold? The cover on the primer assembly is easily replaceable for example.You may need to take a pic and post it before we answer your question so we can be sure to give an accurate answer.

the nipple cap that attaches the hose to the primer assy is the one that has come off . the hose IS attatched to the intake but NOT the primer... harder to write the descriptiont hen i though haha i have a picture let me post it real quick

Latest posts