New edition to the family :)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johny25

Reaction score
Well I sold my 2002 Tohatsu 6hp 4 stroke the other day because the wife said I had too many motors :cry: But yesterday I bought another motor :D

Maybe it was a coincidence, but the next morning after selling my 6hp I woke up with an upset stomach #-o. But today I am feeling much better now that I am back to 4 to 1 ratio of motor's to boats :lol: She is a 1985 20hp Evinrude short shaft rope start, and she only cost me $250 and I got the fuel tank and hose with it. Has 110 lb compression in both cylinders and the powerhead is only 10yrs old because the guy borrowed it to his buddy and he ran straight gas through it and seized the motor :shock:. So there is very low hours on this new replacement powerhead :D She needs a scrub down, carb clean and while I am doing it I am going to turn her into a 25hp by putting my extra 25hp intake on it.
DSCN6755.JPG
DSCN6757.JPG

Oh and the wife hasn't found out I bought it yet. I had to sneak it into the shop last night when she was sleeping :lol:

THATS AWESOME! WHAT OTHERS DO YA HAVE BESIDES THE 30J AND 20E IN THE PIC? OH AND UR 20/25 WITH THE SHIFTER?

This is my 1988 Electric start long shaft which I turned into a 30hp (my baby :D )
DSCN6678.JPG

And I also have an 1987 9.9 that I converted into a 15hp. My father bought it new in 87' and I will never sell this motor, no matter what the wife says :)
DSCN5624.JPG

WHERE DID YOU GET THE JOHNSON DECAL? IVE LOOKED HIGH AND LOW FOR ONES BESIDES THE FACTORY COWLING DECALS? THAT IS SWEET!!!

jasper60103 said:
Congrats, johny.
Sounds like another great deal. =D>
Also, a lot parts will interchange with your collection there.

Yeah the gearcases and powerheads are all interchangeable. But I think I am going to sell this 20hp for a profit. What I want is to make enough off a few motors so I can buy me a late 80's or early 90's Johnson/Evinrude 120 or 140hp Looper. I am planning on getting a 17-19' tin due to my family getting bigger and I want one of those V4 Loopers :D

shawnfish said:
WHERE DID YOU GET THE JOHNSON DECAL? IVE LOOKED HIGH AND LOW FOR ONES BESIDES THE FACTORY COWLING DECALS? THAT IS SWEET!!!

I found these on ebay a few months ago $20 for a set. Only ones I have seen like this so I bought both sets they had, have the other set in my shop drawer still just waiting for the right motor to put it on. I have found a few sites with custom decals.

Check this one out https://garzonstudio.com/outboard/johnson.html

Johny25, I thought I noticed it in the pic of the boat with the 30hp, then I saw the seat folded down in the pic with the 9.9. So what are those wood pieces attached to the seat that look like some sort of arm rest or something?

Yes indeed, that is my custom made child safety seat for my little man :D I got the idea from the highchair he used to sit in. Had a hard time keeping him in the seat without falling to the side or sliding out the front of the seat, and I did not want to buckle him in the boat because that is a NO NO so I built this from an extra seat I had. Works awesome with small children. My 21 month old grandaughter rides in it also.
DSCN5626.JPG