shift cable& transom

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
hello for the second time i have a 93 alumacraft 16ft 8in lunker v16 ltd the motor is 93 suzuki oil injection dt40 hp all came to gather iam the second owner it will not shift into forward or reverse it runs good in a tank it will not shift it needs a new transom now is it a hard job to put in new shift cable or take it to a shop or mybe do it mysalf. i joined on 12 nov 2011. my frist post was on 06 mar 2012 on how to ghange oil for the first time. these are the men that help me earl 60446 and captain ahab and turbotodd and as befor thank you all.

This is like reading those emails you get where the letters are all scrambled...................and your brain has to take over and read in spite of it.
So, as I understand it the engine wont shift but runs good in a barrel but the boat needs a new transom and you want to know whether or not to take it to a dealer or not for???
Have you removed the shift cable from the engine and shifted the engine by hand?