Exhaust valley patch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colescoconutz

Reaction score
Since I've owned the motor it has alway run but never circulated (pee pee'd) water. I replaced the impeller in the water pump because the previous one was pretty much disintegrated. Still no circulation so I decided to look inside to look for clogging and replace the thermostat. Well the thermostat was completely corroded shut and half the bolts holding the exhaust cover were siezed and wouldnt budge. I attempted to easy-out them but that was an epic fail...so I decided to drill them out with a bit just barely smaller than the the bolt size then slowly tap the threads. Well it would have worked had I not been so DRILL HAPPY!!!! I accidently pushed right through the block and into the exhaust valley/outlet. So i need to patch it somehow and Im wondering what would be the best choice. I have Quik Steel but to be honest Ive never had much luck with that stuff. Also I have just a weeeee bit of corrosion on my hands and I was also wondering what should I use to break it down so I can clean it out.

Attachments

• .1.jpg
    .1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 279