Help on what fuel additives to use

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y2k600f4

Reaction score
Just bought my first boat. Has a 2004 Yamaha F25 4 stroke with about 50 hours on it. Yamaha recommends using Yamaha Fuel Stabilizer and Conditioner Plus and Ring Free Plus. Can anybody suggest an aftermarket fuel additive that possibly combines the (2) ? Thanks.

I just recently started using Amsoil Quickshot along with Marine Stabil

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/aqs.aspx

This so pisses me off. It's corrupt, forcing the whole country to adulterate gasoline with corn ethanol. Stupid. Expensive too. Hundreds of thousands of engines ruined and junked. End of rant.

sixgun86 said:
x2 Seafoam. I don't buy ethanol gas for anything but my car though..

The boat, mower, flux capacitor, all use 100% gas.

I'd do the same if it were available to me. Have to drive for a couple hours just to get to the nearest pump. #-o

i try to get seafoam when i can. i heard it's good. limited experience though, so i can't comment yet.
100% fossil fuel isn't available in my country anymore so i use a homebrewed phase separator to "clean" gasoline in small batches. there's probably a drop in octane rating, but it's still better for the motors than e10.

Thanks for all the suggestions...I am leaning towards seafoam and stabil marine.

Stopped by my local small Marine shop and they recommended I just empty the gas tank every couple of months and maybe use stabil every couple of months. Not going to take their advice but thought it was interesting

I use marine stabil. My tank is only 3 gallons so when the unused gas is 30 days old I use it in my mower, and put fresh gas in the boat.

If you disconnect/shut the gas off and run it until it quits/dry, then the ethanol gas can't coagulate and clog carb jets or fuel injectors.

Then, if the gas isn't too old, you can run it, at some loss of octane rating.

The next stage of deterioration/complcation is the precipitation of absorbed water out of the fuel. It can be in the bottom of your fuel tank and in your carb's float bowl. It can be dealt with by adding 90% isopropyl alcohol which will re-absorb the water, allowing it to be burnt with the fuel.

Never put ethanol fuel into your engine if you can avoid it at all costs. Search for a local oil company that sells non ethanol and only buy from there for your boat, it will run better and last longer without that excuse for fuel in its tank.

I keep marvel mystery oil, stabil, and seafoam at all times.

sixgun86 said:
x2 Seafoam. I don't buy ethanol gas for anything but my car though..

The boat, mower, flux capacitor, all use 100% gas.

That's how we roll man!!! None of that gasahol running through my hog

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343119259.474390.jpg

On your flux capacitor did you get it to 7.62 gigawatts? That made my 25hp merc get triple the mpg and nearly 6hp extra performance