15 horse yamaha

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverman62

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum, so it may be already answered somewhere, but here goes. I just bought a 90's 15 hp Yamaha for my 14 foot MirroCraft. Does anyone have any experience with this motor? What pitch prop to run? all help will welcome.

I believe they came with a 3x9 1/4" x 9" pitch.

Based on my experience, that 9" works well on most applications unless the rig is super lightweight and has a really slick hull. Most flatbottoms work fine with the stocker.

They're available in 8", 9", 9 3/4", and 10 1/2" pitches (from yamaha). Solas may have different options but it's been my experience that Yamaha gets them REAL close for most apps right from the factory. My F25's prop (which is actually a 2 stroke 11 1/4" factory prop) is within .3 mph of all of the SS aftermarket props I've tested. I'll say that's pretty dern good for a stock aluminum prop.

Had one on a 14 foot sylvan utility deep-v, always just used the prop that came on it. With just me and my fishing stuff it would run the boat around 23-24mph, with one other person 19-21 ish. Should be a good engine for you.

i got my 15 horse yami last summer,i asked the salesman what prop he would reccomend,he said the stock one is a good allaround prop.didn't even try to upsell me a different one.