transporting a 93 8hp evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spangler2k3

Reaction score
Bought a motor that im going to pick up tonight. Am i able to lay it down with.the tiller handle up and.bungie it so it doesnt roll around? Its going in the bed of my titan
Thanks in advance

Most motors have some kind of "feet" built into them that makes it slightly obvious if you look close and know what you are looking for on how to lay them down. Thereby avoiding breakage or flooding, hydraulic lock, etc.. My mariner was made to lay prop side / handle down. There were "feet" to hold it a a 3 point stance. My 10 hp honda had them too. Good to lash them down too, aluminum loses again'st steel.
Tim

ok.. i read somewhere that you shouldnt lay a 4 stroke down, and was wondering if this applied to 2-strokes also but that makes sense... i will take some caution when laying it down, i have a rhino liner in my truck bed so i should be good to go.. Thanks for the help

i have a johnson that shares the same bodywork. the parts manual shows two "motor rests" at the back, but they're actually part of the lower cowl....look for two flat surfaces on each corner at the back of your motor. third rest is on the anti-ventilation plate. it's wise to put rags under the motor so you don't ruin the bed liner. lashing it down is always a wise thing to do....