15 hp replacement carb?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobscreekboy

Reaction score
I have a 1989 Force made by craftsman that wont run right. I can start it but it won't idle and it wont gain rpms unless I shake the tiller handle when it's running. I'm not sure what is wrong with it but when I took the carb apart I saw the nozzle is cracked. I cant find this exact carb anywhere and was just thinking of replacing the carb with something new but didnt know if I could use a different carb? This is the carb part number, 682061-1 and the carb is a Tillotson H01.B-844. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I believe in 89' Force was still a chrysler motor...... and somewhere in 90' it became a mercury motor. But I don't believe they started making them at there Merc plant in Wisconsin until 93' or so? I would try to give advice on this motor but you wouldn't like it. I do know that if you tie a rope to them and throw them overboard that they keep your boat positioned fairly well in high winds :mrgreen:

Not sure where you have gotten craftsman involved in this :wink:

Johny25 said:
I believe in 89' Force was still a chrysler motor...... and somewhere in 90' it became a mercury motor. But I don't believe they started making them at there Merc plant in Wisconsin until 93' or so? I would try to give advice on this motor but you wouldn't like it. I do know that if you tie a rope to them and throw them overboard that they keep your boat positioned fairly well in high winds :mrgreen:

Not sure where you have gotten craftsman involved in this :wink:

Yea I've heard these motors need to hit the scrap yard but if I can fix it i will. When I look up the model number I get the sears part site. It says craftsman. Check out this link and you'll see I'm not crazy.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Craftsman-Parts/Boat-motor-Parts/Model-225581501/0247/1305320

Ok are you sure you have an 89' Force motor? What is your serial number? And here is a site that is really good on prices.... check your serial number and match it to the model you have :)

Johny25 said:
Ok are you sure you have an 89' Force motor? What is your serial number? And here is a site that is really good on prices.... check your serial number and match it to the model you have :)

What is the site? And the only number on the motor is this model number 225581501. The motor is identical to the force/chrysler/gamefisher motors but has no decals of any sort. I searched the model number and came up with craftsman.

That nozzle should be brass, so I'd be trying to repair it if that's all that's wrong. Other than that I'd measure the mounting bolt spread, the throat bore, and the jet size to try and upgrade to a newer model.

Bobscreekboy said:
Johny25 said:

What is the site? And the only number on the motor is this model number 225581501. The motor is identical to the force/chrysler/gamefisher motors but has no decals of any sort. I searched the model number and came up with craftsman.

Sorry I forgot to copy and paste :oops: Here it is for real this time :D https://www.boats.net/parts/search/Merc/Force/1989/parts.html

I ran the number you gave and it comes up 89' Force model number H0152S89A A

PATRIOT2 said:
That nozzle should be brass, so I'd be trying to repair it if that's all that's wrong. Other than that I'd measure the mounting bolt spread, the throat bore, and the jet size to try and upgrade to a newer model.
I can get another nozzle, but what about the thin tube that runs up through it? It's broke off halfway down and I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing that if it needs fixed?