'63 Evinrude Sportwin 10hp question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowakezone

Reaction score
Hey all,
all of a sudden im having issues with my 10hp evinrude. Took out the boat last week and she ran like a top as usual, coming off the lake my fuel got a little low and she started to sputter a little, but made it back to the dock safe and sound. Tried to go out fishing over the weekend and she really didn't want to start at all, usually starts on the 2nd pull EVERYTIME, this time I pulled on that thing for about 5 minutes before she cranked and she ran great once it got going. I recently had it gone through with a carb rebuild, new coils, plugs etc. Im no mechanic, but i pulled the spark plugs and they aren't fouled or anything. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what would be the issue. Glad to be a part of such a great site, you guys are great!

whats the procedure for a top seal on these 10hp OMCs pappy. can a shade tree do the job.

Best way is to split the crankcase halves. You don't have to remove the crank to do that job. Doesn't take long to do that job at all on these smaller engines. There are other ways but the chances of scratching up the crank or the aluminum crankcase is high.

Thanks pappy, I've got to replace the center gasket and was hoping that there weren't surprises waiting. Got bubbles coming out of the sides when running. Going to replace the seals while I'm at it.