Need help with my mercury 25xd

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zseverns

Reaction score
I have a 1985 mercury 25xd that won't start I bought this motor from a shop and ran great at the shop when I got it home I started it with gas that I didn't know had water in it. After putting good new gas in it, it ran great that day. I didn't run it for about a month and now it won't start. I can get it to start by spraying gas in the carb and then it dies when the gas burns off. Do I need to get the carb rebuilt

Does the primer bulb pump up hard? I had issues with my 20 hp and it turned out to be the quick disconnect at the motor was sucking air. The PO had purchased a cheap off breed quick connector, I replaced it with a genuine Mercury part and my idle no start issue was gone.

Well I got it running agin just alil trash in the carb I put a fuel filter on it after I ran it the first time so hopefully that issue is over I also disconnected the gas and let it run out of gas. Is that ok to do so?

I also disconnected the gas and let it run out of gas. Is that ok to do so?

Not good.As stated in another post on a 2 stroke your oil is in the gas.Anyway you don't run all the gas out.There's always fuel left in the carb unless you drain it.