rookie question on 1975 Rude 9.9

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr71

Reaction score
Was wondering if it is wise to pull the gas line and letting the motor run out of gas before using it again the next week (or next month or two), Or is it better to just shut the motor off and leave fuel in the carb for the next trip?
Also is using one of those “see thru” gas filters a good investment or just something not necessary?

you wont run all the gas out of the carb you need to drain the bowl to get all fuel out plus when you run a 2 stroke out of fuel you deprive it of lubrication as well

as for the fuel filter i dont see why it would hurt but mabe wait for someone who knows more about that to chime in

To me, it's usually based on how long I think it will be until the next time I use it. I typically don't drain the carbs until the end of the season. The only reason to drain them is to prevent the gas from evaporating and leaving behind residue in the carbs.

If it were me, I wouldn't bother draining them unless I wasn't expecting to use it for at least a month.

Latest posts