How much is it worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nowakezone

Reaction score
How do I know how much my motor is worth? I've got a '63 evinrude sportwin 10hp. That runs good, my neighbor keeps offering me $500 for but I don't know what the price should be.. Little help please!

That must be one **** clean 63' for someone to offer $500, unless the motor was showroom quality I would take the $500 in a heartbeat.

What is it going to cost you to replace it?? If you are not going to replace it then that is a good price. All of the tune up parts (coils, points, condensers, plugs, impellers) are available at any parts store that handles Seirra (sp) small engine parts. For the OMC lines of small and large engines the coils were used from about 1955 to 1992.

I'm with Johny25, unless it is really something special you would never see $500 for one of those around here, even from a dealer. That is not to say they are not good engines, they are (I have a 60 & 61 both run very good) but I would expect no more than $350ish for a good, clean, tuned up version around here.

It all depends on your market area.

Down here I searched high and low for something similar last year and could not find anything that ran for under $700. I broke down and bought a new Yamaha towards the end of the year.

This year I've seen a late model Merc for $600 and last week I picked up a 1969 9.5 Evinrude with new 3.5 gal tank (starts on second pull) for $280.

If you are not using it or have no plans to use it or you could replace it with something else for the same money, then sell it unless you just want to keep it.

krawler said:
Sell, sell, sell it before he changes his mind.

x100.

Just remember doing business with Family/Friends/Neighbors isn't ideal. When it breaks if they didn't get their money worth discussing this with you would be all too easy.

If you do sell, make sure he knows what he is getting and you cannot and will not warranty it by any means.

Getting another motor shouldn't be difficult.. Brand new 9.9 Mercs I think are 1700? The used market will be determined by your area. I see late 2000's 9.9's here for 750-1k.

Latest posts