Jackplate-my version

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckr74

Reaction score
Picture010-1.jpg

Darn this pic is wide. Anyway I made it this week. Took about 10 hrs with lots of filing and grinding. Trying to get 35mph from my 35hp Johnson. I'll try for more pics, maybe.

Good job on the mounts. What size angle did you use and what is the thickness of it? Thanks

sawmill said:
Good job on the mounts. What size angle did you use and what is the thickness of it? Thanks
4x4x1/4thick - 12"pieces of aluminum. The slide bolts are 1/2. I don't think it'll break or bend anytime soon. Thanks!

Thank you. I have a milling machine in my shop that has been begging for me to use it. Next time I go to town I will have to get some aluminum.

Looks great. I wish I had built my own. I bought the non adjustable one from Bass Pro for $89. After I bought mine I found a place locally that has great prices on aluminum. Is that 6061? They have 4x4x 1/4 6061 for $8.06 a ft.

We took the boat out today just for fun, no fishing. I will say, I'm impressed at the performance. GPS was bouncing between 32-33mph at wfo throttle. Not bad for 35hp. I have the cavitaion plate 1" below the bottom of the boat. We did blowout once but that was trying to. Comes up on plane real quick. I"m happy. Just thought I would share. Changing from the 25hp Mariner to 35hp and jackplate was worth it. Johnsons Baby and others were right.

Latest posts