Converting Manual Start to Electric?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badboymonk

Reaction score
Would it be possible to convert a manual start evinrude 35 to electric start? I have another evinrude with the starter motor and solenoid , thanks!

8) I converted my 1994 20 hp Merc from pull start to electric start before fishing season opened this year. Got the kit from an aftermarket supplier from Florida for reasonable $$$. Toughest part was getting the flywheel off. Had to fabricate a flywheel puller and borrow an impact wrench but it came out great. Now when we go out I sometimes tend to play with the electric starter like it's a new toy. :LOL2:

Yah, gets old pulling on that starter rope, my 15hp did NOT want to start the first time real often. My (new to me) old 48hp johnson starts and runs real nice.
Tim

Should be able to swap the parts around if they fit (you didn't specify what year and hp of both). Some pull start motors already have teeth on the flywheel. That would make for an easy swap.

I've been wanting to convert my 1995 25hp for a good while now but havent saved up the money for it. I would have to get another flywheel too since mine doesn't have teeth.

Latest posts