Need help rebuilding carb on my 1995 Yamaha C25 (single carb

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock Crusher

Reaction score
I just received the carb rebuild kit in the mail and I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me locate the instructions on rebuilding this carb. Money is tight right now after the bat purchase, new school clothes/shoes for the kiddos etc. Sure would appreciate it.

One more thing... What is everyone using to soak the carb in before you start the rebuild. Would Sea Foam work for this? I just have a bunch of it as I love this stuff.

Thanks!

Youtube has carb rebuilding videos. It's a fairly simple job.
I usually soak my carbs overnight in paint thinner for oil based paints. The last few carb cleanings i've used pine-sol. I saw on the internet where guys were soaking car engine heads in the stuff and they turned out like new. The carbs I soaked in turned out pretty clean so it appears to work fine. Pine Sol is cheap....about $3-$4 for around a quart and a half.

The only carb cleaner I'll ever use again is Yamaha carb cleaner. Does NOT attack plastic, rubber or anything else for that matter (that I know of). I usually yank the nasty carb off, dunk it in the dip cleaner and let it sit for a few hours. Afterwards, I'll rinse them with water after disassembling and cleaning the jets and passages.

Cleaning the C25 carb is easy. Installing the kit is easy. It's just swapping parts out. Old stuff out, new stuff in. Getting the carb off is the challenge on the C25. If it's electric start, the starter will have to come off. Its in the way of the carb nut on the one side. If manual start only, the recoil needs to come off IIRC. Easier to get to things without that thing in the way. Once past that, the rest is pretty easy if you have any mechanical knowledge.

Thanks for the info guys! This one is the manual start engine. I have hunted high and low for a free manual or even just the instructions for pulling the carb and rebuilding it, with no luck at all. I guess I will just have to wait until I can afford to buy the service manual for this outboard. I don't want to go screwing anything up and costing myself more money.. I figure I will do the impeller too, once I get the service manual.

I was in the situation not too long ago. Though I've since found a manual for my johnson, the same principals apply. Take detailed pictures from every angle to aid in reassembly. Note the position of adjustable screws, meaning tighten them to seat counting turns, so you know how to replace it. After carefully noting these, just disassemble, clean thoroughly making sure passages are clear, and swap out anything your kit replaces. The float/float valve and seating will be obvious, as will the gaskets and o-rings. I would urge you to just give it a try, worst case scenario there are tons of guys with experience who could get it running again. I sure even a lawn mower shop would re assemble it for you.

here is the rebuild kit, very simple.
https://www.marineengine.com/parts/sierra_marine/catalog.html?https://www.marineengine.com/parts/sierra_marine/yamaha.html

you can do that without a manual by simply matching shapes.

Latest posts