Motor & rigging cost

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhodan

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 2004 16 ft Tracker bass boat & trailer for $1,000 with no motor. The boat and trailer are in very good condition, everything else is complete. What's a reasonable cost for a new 25hp Merc 4stroke with power trim and a certified mechanic installing/rigging it? Thanks.

Figure somewhere around 3 hours labor at whatever labor rate. This also depends on what all has to be changed out or added or replaced. Hint <<<Thats a disclaimer! If its a normal swap that figure should include a short test run if the water is at the dealer's back door.

I was able to install a new Honda four stroke, 15hp myself on my tin. It's tiller and pull start only but the downside was the cost of $3000. It's still humming along great.

I had a shop replace my 48hp Johnson with a used 40hp Mercury with hydraulic tilt/trim, remote steering, etc. That also cost $3000.

I just had a 60hp Mercury replaced with a brand new 90hp Tohatsu. That cost a LOT!

Latest posts