40 HP merc tiller to remote conversion

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jawhee13

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a 2001 merc 40hp electric start trim and tilt tiller. I have an 1848 tracker grizzly and would like to install a center console and convert the motor to remote steer . How easy are these kits to install? How much do they cost including cables, controls, and steering wheel?? Am I better off just selling my motor or is this an alright alternative? If anyone has an experience with this please let me know. Thank you!

I don't know how much help this will be but I converted a 15 hp Johnson to remote. Granted mine was not electric start or trim but it wasn't hard to do. I ordered a kit from Evinrude that gave me step by step instructions. I would think that the electrical would not be to hard to do. I did mine for <250 in parts then the control box was 350 or so. I would think yours, with the electric stuff, would be total done for less than 350 or so without the box. Hope this helps!

Latest posts