Seafoam Fans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 7806

Reaction score
For all the Seafoam fans here O'Reilly Auto Parts has it on sale for $6.99 a can

Thanks for the heads up. Needing some for the motorcycles. I use to buy it for $2.99 a can and suddenly like everything else the price went through the roof!!!!

Just checked our local Advance and Auto Zone and they are now $10.99 and $11.99 a can. While I love Seafoam it ain't THAT good!!

i have had nothing but good luck with sea foam i rarely mix it with the gas mainly shoot it through the carb/intake or if compression is low on one of the cylinder's soak it with sea foam and it has always brought back the compression for me i use it alot on the motorcycles and have been using it on my 1947 johnson 5hp as well

I happened to be near an O'Reillys yesterday and remembered this post so I stopped in and grabbed a couple of cans. Thanks for the heads up.

Sea Foam is great stuff.

Also, "Boeshield" and "Hilco Lube" are good products.

I regularly clean, and re-fog all my boat, and PWC engines with one of these 3 lubes. Every motor I've ever gotten rid of....even though the prop was worn down to a nub, even though the foot was ground off to a nub, under the cowling looked brand new!

If you're fogging a motor, do NOT use WD-40. It's my understanding that it will damage rubber hoses.

What is the shelf life of Sea Foam. I bought a bottle of the stuff, used about half and put it on the work bench for later use. It's at my cottage about 150 miles away so I can't run out and read the label. I do recall reading the stuff printed on the bottle, but can't remember if it said anything about storage life of the unused product #-o (I'm getting old). So back to my question. How soon do you have to use this stuff before it goes bad?

Thanks for any help.

I don't remember seeing a shelf life printed on it but I know I've had some opened and resealed that sat on the shelf for over a year before it was all used up. Didn't seem to affect the way it works. I'll check what the can says tomorrow if I don't forget and post what I find.

HANGEYE said:
What is the shelf life of Sea Foam. I bought a bottle of the stuff, used about half and put it on the work bench for later use. It's at my cottage about 150 miles away so I can't run out and read the label. I do recall reading the stuff printed on the bottle, but can't remember if it said anything about storage life of the unused product #-o (I'm getting old). So back to my question. How soon do you have to use this stuff before it goes bad?

Thanks for any help.

I would expect it to last quite some time if the lid is tight

Thanks for the info on the Sea Foam. I did some research and couldn't find the answer. I guess I'll just have to use the rest of it (a little at a time) first thing in the spring.

It's on sale at a lot of places right now because people are storing things. I ran it through all 26 of my households' cylinders.

Latest posts