Are Motor mount holes a standard pattern?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilded

Reaction score
I am looking at a tracker grizzly that has holes drilled in the transom where a motor was mounted. Is this a problem or are motor mounts a standard pattern? Thanks, ET

I just don't want to have a lot of expense filling holes before I can use the boat. Here is a picture. What do you think? Thanks, ET

[
5I55K85H43I83m83Lbca4d0312d03f0ca1b4e1.jpg

What is the plan, electric motor, small outboard? With a clamp on motor you could just run some ss bolts thru the holes and 5200 them, or take to a welder and have them closed up,

On anything halfway modern (and by that, I'm talking mid 80s on), the bolt pattern IS standard on anything larger than the 'portable' size engines. In some cases, that pattern goes back to the early '60s, as BIA adopted the pattern that OMC started using way back when.

In your case, it is very obvious that the holes are of the BIA standard. If you are going with a 40hp Mercury 4 stroke, it will have the correct mounting pattern, as a 4 stroke implies it is fairly new. Almost any commercially available jackplate should be a direct bolt and go, as well.

thanks so much, if I might trouble you guys farther what is the tubing laying on top of the transom? Was that to raise the motor? Thanks, ET

Nice boat!
I don't think I'd let the mounting holes bother me too much, and I don't like holes. Those are normal.
Couple options:
Buy the same motor that was on, and use the same holes.
Seal the holes, and use the clamps only, on a small motor.
Weld the holes, and drill for different pattern, if needed.
Install a jack plate, and try to use the holes to mount the plate.
Other guys have run into this. Should be no big deal.
If it's a standard pattern, that makes it easy. Too bad the transducers aren't like that!

i think the lil tube on top is to fill the gap between the transome and allows the clamp on motors to put the weight on the transom and not the bolts or clamps. i could be wrong never seen one and im just guessin but it looks right. clamp on motors have like a c clam that goes onto the transom, they might have wanted the lower unit up an inch